Friday, February 20, 2009

TOBI day one

So the TOBI arrived last night. Jack got the first neb with his vest this morning. It's such a long treatment and he begs and begs to be done with it. It's so hard at age 3 to get through to him that this is medicine to help him. He sees it as pure inconvenience! So it pushes his regular neb of Pulmozyme back through to the afternoon. Then another of TOBI later. It's going to be a long 3 weeks! I think this is one of the hardest parts of CF. Adding in extra treatments. I know as he gets older he will understand a little bit more but I really don't think it will get any easier trying to pin him down to take them.

My other frustration is getting people to understand that Jack is, medically, not like their toddler. I have to explain to the same person over and over and over again as to why Jack is taking medication for what it seemingly an innocent cough. They try to compare Jack to their child and it's like comparing apples to oranges. It will never work. It's tiring and frustrating. I normally just give up and let it go. Their giving medical advise is most humorous as well. *sigh* Oh well. That too is a battle I don't I will ever win.

We got more snow last night. Enough that you would not tell where our driveway was this morning! Although pretty, I am done with snow for the season. The temps are to get back up into the 40's by next week. No wonder everyone is so sick.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry he has to be on Tobi, hopefully the 3 weeks won't be as bad as you think:(

    Can't wait to see you Monday:) I agree, enough with the snow already! LOL
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I am a little behind in commenting. Glad you got the Tobi going. I know what you mean about how hard it is to add more treatments. Daniel always says he doesn't want the "long medicine". It does get easier, we have been at it for six weeks, and it has become routine. But I certainly won't miss it when we are done. Chris said the meeting went well, but he wasn't sure what we were suppose to do next. Drop me a note and let me know what you need. Hard to believe tomorrow is the last day of February! Mary

    ReplyDelete